My Macintosh Quadra 700 fulfilled a dream of mine since I was a kid. This was the computer I wanted my family to get when my parents were shopping for our family’s first computer. Instead, we got a Packard Bell.
I got this off eBay for around $200. It was pretty scuffed up, but after a cleaning and a magic eraser, it was in great shape. While it didn’t come with a hard drive or any peripherals, it did have max 2 MB of VRAM (max) and 20 MB of RAM (standard is 4 MB, max is 68 MB) as well as a Macintosh II video card.
- CPU: Motorola 68040 @ 25 MHz
- Memory: 20 MB
- Hard Drive: None
- Operating System: None
- Refurbished the floppy drive
- Removed the Macintosh II card
- Added a SCSI2SD v5.1
- New PRAM battery
- Purchased a Mac DB15 to VGA adapter
- Installed Macintosh System 7.5
- Max out the RAM
- Re-cap the system
- Purchase a period correct monitor